When you buy a new gaming PC, there are usually two choices (assuming you don’t want to build it yourself): get a custom machine, or buy one “off the shelf” with all the components already selected. There are distinct advantages to each, and the one you choose often depends on your budget, how much time you have, and whether you can find what you want or need when someone else builds you a gaming PC or gaming laptop. Let’s discuss the benefits of each.
Ready-to-Ship or Off-the-Shelf
The ready-to-ship laptop is one that is already put together so it can go out right away. It’s advantageous mainly because you can get this machine quickly and you really don’t need any specialized knowledge of how to build a gaming PC when you choose this option. However, there is a caveat to this type of computer: it’s important to know who is building them. If you get them from a big-box store or a major manufacturer that really just specializes in laptops or desktop computers in general—meaning they are also sold for things like work and school—you probably won’t get top-of-the-line gaming components. You will usually get a really cheap computer, but when it comes to PC gaming that isn’t always the most important consideration.
There are some benefits of this option, specifically:
- You can get a computer shipped to you quickly because it’s already built
- You don’t have to have any specialized knowledge of what you want because someone else already selected everything
- If you get it from PC gaming experts like the people at Xidax, you know you’ll get a quality machine with great components
- You can see the price right up front without any added costs later
Custom Built PC for Gaming
If you are someone who knows what you want and you are looking for the ultimate gaming PC, or you have a very specific budget you need to stay within and have specific must-haves at that price, a custom build might be a better option for you. We’re not talking about building your own from scratch, but selecting the components that you want and having a computer expert build it and ship it to your door. The advantages of this option include:
- Customizing every part of your PC
- Getting exactly what you want, even if it’s a unique need
- Adding high-end components to fit your budget and selecting where you want to cut back a little to save
- Getting the benefits of custom PCs without the hassle of building them
At Xidax, we have both options available so you can shop and choose the one that works for you. Let us know what you need, and our experienced technicians can even help you choose your components while you’re online building it through our real-time chat feature. Shop today to learn more.