Holiday shopping is a tradition unlike any other in the U.S., and for many people, it’s also a time to score some great deals on things that you might otherwise need or want to buy. Waiting until the holiday deals hit is a great way to save money on things for yourself, and not just for gifts you plan to give away. If you’ve been thinking about upgrading your gaming PC, the Black Friday sales—or in 2020, the Black November sales going on already—are one of the best options for upgrades. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the parts that you can get for a great deal around this time of year (and some sales you probably shouldn’t fall for).
Best Items to Buy Around Black Friday
Many of the manufacturers and retailers have already released their 2020 sales, so it’s easy to see what PC gaming components will be most in demand and which will have the best prices.
- GPU: now is a great time to buy a new graphics card for your gaming PC, because while you might not be able to get a steep discount on the graphics card itself, you might be able to find a great bundle and get a free game or two with your GPU purchase.
- Whole custom PCs: this is actually the best time of the year to buy a brand new gaming PC from Xidax. You can score great deals on the entire package, and even find killerdiscounts like free accessories or free game codes for the season’s hottest releases.
Best Items to Wait and Buy Later
Just because it’s a time of pretty good deals on a lot of tech items doesn’t mean it’s the perfect time to purchase any tech item you need, and some PC components are in that boat. Here are a few items you can probably wait on and buy later.
- CPU: so far there aren’t many great deals on CPUs out there, and it’s not worth the hassle of trying to sort through what might be an okay deal. Plus the fact that many people have spent the pandemic months upgrading their current PCs means even the mid-range products have sold well and aren’t likely to be discounted.
- SSD: you can find some good prices right now on SSD hard drives, but if you wait until later in the shopping season (including waiting until after Christmas if you can), you might be able to get a better deal.
- Monitors: this one is tricky because you might be able to find some killer deals on monitors, but it’s important to note that many retailers use Black Friday or holiday deals to lure customers to their site or store, but they don’t discount the best stuff. Usually the monitors that are on fire sale are not the best options, and you can find better prices at other times of the year for the monitor that will really enhance your PC gaming experience.
Check Out the Deals at Xidax
You can find all the Black November deals going on at Xidax now and get the gaming PC you really want for this holiday season.